Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jesus or Charles Manson?

I don't want to get started off on the wrong foot, so allow me to take the time to say this.  I am an Atheist, and in my opinion, in a group of Atheists, everyone is agnostic, some more so than others.

Check this out.  Jesus on the garage floor  Apparently, the family that had the Jesus-resembling cement had the cement removed from their garage floor.  They sold it to probably some Jesus freak for $1525.  Isn't that crazy?

I'm not going to lie to you.  This is amazing.  I'll give you that.  However, I don't think it should be called a miracle.  Is it explainable?  No.  Can one rely on faith that it was put there deliberately?  Yes.  The only results we can come up with are:

  1. It was a freaky, freaky coincidence.
  2. Have faith that it was put there by God.

That's pretty much it.  These are the only results we can come up with.

I wonder if these same people would buy that piece of cement if it was Paris Hilton.  I highly doubt it.  What kind of Jesus freak would actually respect someone like Paris?  How will they react if someone spoke out that Paris is actually favored by God?  You probably are laughing by now, but seriously, think about it.

What were the chances of seeing Jesus in the cement BEFORE it actually happened? Probably next to none, because no one would think of it.  What if it was Courtney Love?  I'm pretty sure God-fearing people within the walking distance wouldn't even walk into the garage to look at it, let alone buy it, even though the chances of that happening is, once again, next to none!  I'm pretty sure they would say it has nothing to do with God or any unexplainable forces they happen to believe in.  What does that say about them?  Wouldn't that make them "religiously biased"?  Haha, I don't know if that term is even proper, but feel free to correct me.

Just imagine... The worst examples for role models would appear on that cement, as opposed to Jesus.  Okay, let's pretend just for a minute that the Jesus picture is a second event.  What if it was Charlie Manson who appears first?  People wouldn't even show up to look at and admire the infamous murderer, except maybe for these who studied him or were obsessed with his life.  Even the Jesus freaks would likely deny the possibility (not fact) that it could be there for a reason.  But they will state that the picture of Jesus was put there for a reason, and they will state it as if it's a fact.  I don't know about you, but I would label these people religiously biased.  They don't truly believe in anything.

Now, we are going to use the Jesus event as the way it was; the first event.  What if the next person to appear is Aileen Wuornos?  Would they say the same of her as they did of Jesus?

I honestly wouldn't know how anyone would feel about this, and I really don't care because at least, it makes you think.  At least, I hope it does.  If you are very, very practical in your religion and find this offensive, I would have to assume that you are religiously biased and your so-called faith needs to be worked on.

Wherever you are, be it in a church or some place where you really shouldn't be, enjoy your day!  I know I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment