Sunday, October 24, 2010

Girl Code

When you try on an outfit in some store at the mall, your girlfriends would tell you it looks fucking hot on you.  Your real girlfriends would say almost too immediately (and brutally) say no.  This might hurt just a bit, but you know what?  They might just save you from a night-long embarrassment.

I always do this with my girlfriends.  I would say either yes or no.  When I’m unsure about something, I lean toward no.  I would expect the same kind of honesty when it comes to meeting guys through a girlfriend.  Before I get to the subject of this entry, read the story first.

This happened last night at 1AM in the morning.  My alarm was set to go off at 2:30AM because I have to get ready for work, which starts at 4AM.  Anyway, my roommate, Ryan, woke me up at 1AM, and asked me if I could drive his friend, PJ, back to Landmark, a popular bar among my social circle.  Normally, I would be irritated, but for some reason, I was caught in quite a mellow mood and I was immediately awaken up and feeling energetic.  Adam was also in my home.  Ryan, Adam, and PJ were all drunk.

It turned out that PJ stepped out for a cigarette.  He also went to his car, and that’s when the police pulled up to him.  Meanwhile, Steve was inside the bar with Ryan and Adam.  They all agreed that PJ had taken too long, and Steve would decide to go out and check what’s up.  Apparently, according to PJ, Steve only walked by him, acting as if he didn’t know him, and just went home.  Luckily for PJ, Ryan and Adam noticed that Steve hadn’t come back yet, so they decided to go out and check out what’s going on.  They noticed PJ was about to get arrested and saved his ass, just in the nick of time.  They vouched for him and that they will take care of him.  The officer let them all go.

When Ryan told me this story, I was absolutely disgusted with his friend, Steve.  Even though Steve can be pretty cool, he can be such an asshole at times.  I didn’t really like him all that much, but I can be civil to him.  But after the story, I had absolutely lost all of my respect for him, and I will notintroduce him to any of my girlfriends.  Period.  I mean, think about it.  He’s a terrible friend.  You get that much from the story above, I’m sure.  Well, what makes you think he’ll be a good boyfriend?  Can you tell if a guy will be a good boyfriend from the way he treats his friends?  Is holding the way he treats his friends against him a bad thing or is it just being smart in the long run?

No comments:

Post a Comment